Gas leak in Vacaria: mother and three daughters died from carbon monoxide asphyxiation, report shows | Rio Grande do Sul

Gas leak in Vacaria: mother and three daughters died from carbon monoxide asphyxiation, report shows | Rio Grande do Sul
Gas leak in Vacaria: mother and three daughters died from carbon monoxide asphyxiation, report shows | Rio Grande do Sul
-

1 of 3 House where the family was found unconscious in Vacaria — Photo: Reproduction/RBS TV
House where the family was found unconscious in Vacaria — Photo: Reproduction/RBS TV

The mother and three daughters who died after a gas leak from an electric generator in Vacaria, in Serra do Rio Grande do Sul, they were victims of carbon monoxide asphyxiation, according to the autopsy reports. The information was confirmed to g1, this Tuesday (2), by delegate Anderson Silveira de Lima.

Mother died, Cíntia de Moraes Costa36 years old, and her daughters Samara3 years old, Cynthia Mariaaged 11, and Ana Julia, 15 years old. The case occurred on March 10th.

Two children who survived the incident They were discharged from hospital on Monday (1st). The brothers Elias Kaleb Costa da Silva9 years old, and Vitória Gabriele Costa da Silvaaged 7, spent 22 days hospitalized.

Until Wednesday (27), they remained in the ICU of the Santa Maria University Hospital (HUSM). On Thursday (28), with their condition stabilized, they were transferred to a hospital in Vacaria, to continue treatment.

2 of 3 Power generator that was kept outside the house, was inside the residence, according to police — Photo: Civil Police/Disclosure
Power generator that was kept outside the house, was inside the residence, according to police — Photo: Civil Police/Disclosure

According to the Guardianship Council, Elias and Vitória will receive support from family members, but it is not yet known who will take care of the brothers.

The children’s stepfather, Maique Santos da Silva, 31 years old, was in a very serious condition after being rescued, his health improved and he was discharged after a week.

The case is investigated by the Civil Police. The investigation should be concluded in the next few days.

3 of 3 Child rescued in Vacaria is taken by plane to pediatric ICU in Santa Maria — Photo: Reproduction/RBS TV
Child rescued in Vacaria is taken by plane to pediatric ICU in Santa Maria — Photo: Reproduction/RBS TV

According to delegate Anderson Silveira de Lima, responsible for the case, seven people slept in the house. At around 8:30 am on March 10, a person went to the location and found the residence closed and with a strong smell of gas.

The Military Brigade, Samu and Firefighters went to the house. The victims and survivors were found inside the property’s rooms.

According to the police, survivors reported that a power generator, which was kept outside the house, was inside the house last night.

“Statements collected by the Civil Police confirm that the generator was on during the early hours of the morning”, explains the delegate.

Electric generator is identified as the cause of tragedy in Vacaria

The article is in Portuguese

Brazil

Tags: Gas leak Vacaria mother daughters died carbon monoxide asphyxiation report shows Rio Grande Sul

-

-

PREV Archaeological analyzes launch a new hypothesis about the occupation of the coast of Santa Catarina
NEXT HANDEBALL: Copa Weslen brought together athletes from seven cities in RO, as well as teams from Mato Grosso and Amazonas