Cell phone explodes and causes fire inside apartment in Santa Catarina

Cell phone explodes and causes fire inside apartment in Santa Catarina
Cell phone explodes and causes fire inside apartment in Santa Catarina
-

Summary
A cell phone exploded inside an apartment in Balneário Camboriú, in Santa Catarina, in the early hours of Wednesday, 3rd, and caused a fire that was controlled by residents and firefighters.

Flames spread to the bed and curtains in the apartment

Photo: Disclosure/Military Fire Department

A cell phone exploded and caused a fire inside an apartment in Balneário Camboriú, in Santa Catarina, in the early hours of Wednesday, 3rd. The device was charging on the bed when the explosion occurred.

Despite the scare, the 63-year-old resident of the apartment was not injured and reported that the fire started at around 1 am, according to the Military Fire Department (CBM). The case was registered in the city center.

The victim also said that the flames spread to the mattress and curtains. Residents and the building’s doorman even used a fire extinguisher and buckets of water to control the fire. The site was isolated after firefighters arrived.

To avoid the risk of this type of fire, firefighters recommend that cell phones should not be carried on surfaces such as sofas, beds and armchairs. Furthermore, users must also use only original sources and cables to charge their cell phone.

Source: Redação Terra

The article is in Portuguese

Tags: Cell phone explodes fire apartment Santa Catarina

-

-

PREV “Operation Mar de Minas” security belt monitors 731 vessels, 964 vehicles and five aircraft
NEXT Lula will fulfill his agenda in Iguatu (CE), on Friday (5), focusing on water resources; see schedule – PontoPoder