Victim says she was forcibly kissed by director of Procon de SC dismissed after allegations of sexual harassment | Santa Catarina

Victim says she was forcibly kissed by director of Procon de SC dismissed after allegations of sexual harassment | Santa Catarina
Victim says she was forcibly kissed by director of Procon de SC dismissed after allegations of sexual harassment | Santa Catarina
-

1 of 1 Roberto Salum — Photo: Eduardo Guedes/Agência AL, disclosure/Archive
Roberto Salum — Photo: Eduardo Guedes/Agência AL, disclosure/Archive

The first woman who sought out the Civil Police to report harassment against the former director of Procon de Santa Catarina, Roberto Salum, reported that she was grabbed and kissed without consent when he deviated from the path while giving her a ride to the State Administrative Center. The information is contained in a police report registered on March 14.

“He drove the car to a house in Palhoça, under the allegation of looking for a briefcase. Once there, Roberto asked for a kiss and, when he refused, he grabbed the communicator and gave her a kiss on the mouth”, says the report in the document.

Salum was dismissed from his position on Saturday (30), after the state government had access to the complaint. The Civil Police reported, this Monday (1st), that they received a report of a second victim.

In a note, His defense informed that he received the news through the media and that he did not have access to the police reports. Clarifications will be provided after the case is resolved. (check full text below).

In the document, registered on March 14, the victim reports that she was hired by an outsourced company to provide services at Procon, where she began activities on March 7, 2024.

She reported that, at a certain point, her boss, the then director Roberto Luiz Salum, insisted that she go with him to the State Administrative Center. He allegedly offered a ride, which was accepted due to the suspect’s insistence, says the text.

Without the victim’s consent, according to the BO, the suspect drove the car to a house in Palhoça, in Greater Florianópolis, under the allegation of looking for a briefcase. Once there, the man allegedly asked for a kiss. Faced with the refusal, he grabbed the speaker and kissed her on the mouth, says the text.

The regional delegate for Greater Florianópolis, Michele Rebelo, informed that the second victim is also a woman and works at Procon. She reported the case on social media, according to police.

Her testimony and that of other people is scheduled for the next few days. The first woman to denounce the then director was heard last week.

Delegate talks about new harassment complaint against director of Procon SC

Also according to the Civil Police, the new statement will be attached to the ongoing investigation, opened on March 27.

“As soon as the Civil Police became aware, we already instituted [o inquérito]. Regardless of who it is, we will investigate with all the necessary rigor when cases of sexual abuse in the sphere of public administration are involved, because this is a government flag”, the delegate reported to NSC.

The Civil Police will also investigate complaints that Salum had been intimidating employees of the agency, which would constitute moral harassment. Procon employees had already filed complaints against Roberto Salum through the state ombudsman’s office.

What Roberto Salum’s defense says

After the disclosure of the first case and the announcement of his removal from office, Salum’s defense informed on Friday (29) that it would hold a press conference this Tuesday (2), but after the revelation of the second case, it canceled the interview and sent a note, signed by attorney Gastão da Rosa Fillho.

“My client and I became aware of the allegations through the media on Good Friday, in the middle of a public holiday. At the same time, we tried, without success, to contact the police authority responsible for investigating the facts. As of Monday morning, we were still We did not have official access to the BO, we only obtained a copy through the press.

Roberto Salum claims that it all started after he discovered million-dollar embezzlements at Procon-SC and was warned that he would suffer reprisals. He makes himself available to give a statement as soon as he is aware of the full content of the accusation.”

What the SC Government says

Regarding the reports, the State informed that, upon learning of the complaint of “lack of decorum in the exercise of the function”, it ordered the immediate removal of the then director of Procon-SC.

“The State Governor, upon becoming aware of a complaint whose content refers to the lack of decorum in the exercise of his function by the State Director of PROCON-SC, ordered the immediate removal of the public servant and requested the rapid investigation of the facts. The State Government did not agrees with acts that violate morals and good customs”.

Review g1 SC’s most watched VIDEOS

The article is in Portuguese

Tags: Victim forcibly kissed director Procon dismissed allegations sexual harassment Santa Catarina

-

-

PREV 72-year-old man is accused of raping his 5-year-old granddaughter in Minas Gerais
NEXT BR-304 is completely closed in Lajes after the river overflows; see alternative routes | large northern river