User access to the e-CAC Portal, developed by the Federal Revenue Service, has undergone changes and from now on, only those with silver or gold level accounts on the platform can access its services. With information from the Accounting portal.
The measure is part of an effort by the Federal Revenue Service to reinforce the security of taxpayers’ data, in line with Law No. 14,063/2020, which establishes rules for the use of electronic signatures in interactions with public entities.
Changes in access to the e-CAC Portal
This update is part of a series of measures implemented since November 2023 to improve the security of user data.
Among them, the limitation of the use of passwords and access codes on the e-CAC Portal stands out.
Transition will occur in three stages
The transition process to the new security measure will be carried out in three stages, the last of which came into effect last Wednesday, February 1st.
From this date onwards, all e-CAC operations can only be carried out by Gov.br users who have silver or gold reliability levels.
For those who do not yet have these levels of reliability, the Federal Revenue Service offers the option of registering an electronic power of attorney.
This will allow a legal representative to access and operate the e-CAC Portal on behalf of the taxpayer.
Tips for increasing the level of account security on Gov.br
There are three ways for users to increase the security level of their accounts on Gov.br from bronze to silver, namely:
1. Perform facial recognition through the gov.br application, to check the user’s photo on the National Driving License (CNH) bases
2. Validate user data through internet banking from an accredited financial institution
3. Validate the data using internet banking from an accredited bank.
To change from silver to gold level, the options are:
1. Perform facial recognition through the gov.br application, to check the user’s photo at the Electoral Court (TSE) bases
2. Validate user data using a Digital Certificate compatible with the Brazilian Public Key Infrastructure (ICP-Brazil).
It is worth mentioning that security levels on Gov.br can be modified through the platform application, through the “Increase level” option, available on the home screen.