The Civil Defense released a new forecast for the night of this Friday, 3rd. As reported, the level of the Itajaí-Açu river, which began to rise around 5 am, is expected to reach 9.5 meters during the night, around 8pm.
Now, the city is once again in a state of flooding. At around 2pm this Friday, the river had already reached 8.05 meters, having increased by 0.37 meters since the last measurement, at 1pm. The forecast is that at 6pm, the river will have reached 8.9 meters.
Check it out: VIDEO – Large landslide hits several houses in Blumenau;
Civil Defense Alerts
The guidance from Blumenau City Hall is that everyone who has houses or businesses with flood levels of up to 10 meters must be in a state of alert. Still according to information from Civil Defense, in Blumenau, during the month of October it rained 234% above normal, and in the last 48 hours, it rained more than 104mm.
Find out more: Flood level in Blumenau: how to check the level of each street;
According to the forecast, it is possible that the level of rain will decrease by the end of the afternoon and should stop during the night. According to information from Civil Defense, on Saturday, 4th and Sunday, 5th, the instability of the weather will disappear with the advance of a mass of dry air, even counting on the forecast of sunshine.
1. After rain, the Taió dam leaks again this Friday
2. Itajaí-Açu River should reach 8.9 meters late this Friday afternoon in Blumenau
3. VIDEO – Large landslide hits several houses in Blumenau
4. GALLERY – The number of landslides recorded in Blumenau increases due to the rains this Friday
5. Occurrences of falling barriers alter public transport in Blumenau this Friday
See it right now!
Seven-time draft beer champion in metro: Tatiane Choinacki’s passion for Oktoberfest Blumenau: