A Valve released another important update on Wednesday night (8) and brought corrections to the sub-tick, servers used in Counter-Strike two. Additionally, the developer released the four-person lobby in Premier Mode, but added expulsion immunity for the player who is solo in the four-player lobby.
All update notes:
– Visual and audio feedback from subtick input, such as movement acceleration and muzzle flashes, will now always be rendered on the next frame (tick);
– Random numbers used for shot propagation are now synchronized between clients and servers by default. This makes trackers and decals more closely match authorized server trajectories. Note: Propagation has been synchronized on Valve’s official servers since 10/14;
– Fixed a bug where pressing a movement key immediately after jumping resulted in an inconsistent jump height.
– Groups of four can now queue for Premier mode;
– Added immunity to vote expulsion for solo players who play on the same team as a group of four players;
– Adjusted the algorithm to restore CS Rating after a period of inactivity in Premier mode.
– Reduced the maximum audible distance of grenade ricochet sounds;
– Better quality of the occlusion filter;
– Resolved an issue where sometimes headshot sounds played as feedback to the attacker could be mistaken for incoming damage;
– Reduced sound volume for unarmored headshot damage from the victim’s perspective to bring it in line with the volume of other headshot sounds;
– Land jump sounds changed to have the same maximum audible distance as footstep sounds;
– Volume decay curve of jump landing sounds changed to better convey distance;
– Improved molotov extinguishing effects to improve when multiple (players) are playing at the same time;
– Return of the spark sound when the bomb defusing is interrupted due to the player’s rotation;
– Fixed an issue where, at very close range, the victim’s death moan could be mistaken as coming from the attacker;
– Fixed a case where the unsilenced M4A1-S would not emit any distant gunshot sounds.
Continues after ad
– Fixed cutout on the palace bench;
– Reduced the height of the box in bombsite A to match CS:GO.
– Better performance of blood effects over short distances;
– Better visibility of the pump light on the back of the pump;
– Reduced spark brightness from shots when quickly changing rifles with telescopic sights;
– Reduced the strength of the kill streak HUD effect after five kills.
– Added “tv_record_immediate” setting to control when the CSTV demo file will start recording content. If the setting is enabled, content will start the moment tv_record is run on the server. If the setting is off, content will start recording in tv_delay sooner;
– CSTV demos can now be recorded without enabling CSTV delayed viewing. Requires setting “tv_record_immediate 1” and running “tv_record” at the time recording should begin.
– Wear values of some stickers adjusted to better match CS:GO;
– Fixed a bug with workshop tools that prevented light_environment from creating static shadows in some circumstances;
– Improved quality of HDR ‘Performance’ rendering mode;
– Enabling upload of workshop maps for Wingman mode.