All about Google
Google announced this Wednesday (8) the arrival of search with generative AI in Brazil. Called Generative Search Experience (or Search Generative Experience), the new feature promises to reinvent what the engine can do, says the company.
For now, the resource can only be accessed through a new program, Search Labs. Anyone who wants to try it can now test the new technology first hand.
- Users will be able to delve deeper into a topic or discover new content.
- Understand a topic faster, discover new points of view, and accomplish tasks more easily, says Google.
- Among the main uses of the new experience are AI-generated summaries with an overview of the researched topic.
- Conversation mode to deepen information during a search.
- Get an instant response generated by AI, with links to various sources on the web.
- Reliable results highlighting the sources of information.
An example presented by the company was a search for the question: “How to join a women’s football team?”.
With generative AI, the result presents suggestions for next steps in the search, including related questions. By clicking on any of them, conversational mode allows you to ask Google more about the topic.
When bringing generative AI to our search system, we have made a great effort to develop a responsible and thoughtful experience
We designed these new experiences to highlight and draw attention to content across the web, making it easier to access more links and a wider range of information sources
Bruno Pôssas, Vice President of Engineering for Google Search
How to activate generative AI search on Google?
To test the new search experience, simply access the Search Labs page on Google Chrome and activate the feature.
The desktop browser receives the function starting today. Next week, access will be gradually enabled on Android and iOS through the Google search app.
More information available on the Google Brazil blog.