– I think if we didn’t have the yellow flags, we would be fighting for the front row, so that’s very positive. Hopefully for the deficit we normally have, and we’ve reduced it in a single lap… If that reflects on our race pace, it’ll be great. (The pole) is to be highly optimistic. They (Red Bull) were still a little too fast,” Lewis said.
– Verstappen complains about flag thrown in the Netherlands: “Stupid”
– F1 2022: see the ranking of drivers and teams
Lewis Hamilton in qualifying for the 2022 F1 Dutch GP – Photo: Dan Mullan/Getty Images
Toto Wolff, on the other hand, disagreed with the seven-time champion’s speech and reinforced the possibility of a pole position. According to the Mercedes team principal, the German team was a tenth behind Verstappen before the Perez incident.
– We analyzed our car data a lot and we were actually a tenth behind. Now, I don’t know how we would have gotten out of it. But I think we were definitely fighting for pole position, and that’s a good feeling. We want more,” Wolff said.
– Leclerc gets frustrated, but aims for a positive Dutch GP with Ferrari
– Piastri recalls “bizarre and sad” meeting with Alpine, but celebrates agreement with McLaren
Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton before qualifying for the Dutch GP – Photo: Vince Mignott/MB Media/Getty Images
When designing the Dutch GP this Sunday, Hamilton did not deny the enthusiasm, but highlighted a common factor in racing at Zandvoort: the difficulty of overtaking.
– I didn’t do a long stint, but George (Russell) did and it looked really good. The car was strong today and I felt like I could go faster. I hope this translates tomorrow (on the track) as I said. I will definitely be fighting and pushing as hard as I can for a podium
The start of the Formula 1 Dutch GP is this Sunday at 10 am. ge tracks everything in real time.
– Calendar: see the days and times of the F1 2022 stages
Info and timetable – Dutch GP F1 2022 — Photo: Infoesporte