Santos will pay 40% of Lucas Lima’s salary at Sport, but the midfielder’s departure is seen as a success | saints

Santos will pay 40% of Lucas Lima’s salary at Sport, but the midfielder’s departure is seen as a success | saints
Santos will pay 40% of Lucas Lima’s salary at Sport, but the midfielder’s departure is seen as a success | saints
-

Santos loaned Lucas Lima to Sport, but did not avoid having to spend on the player: in the agreement made with the Pernambuco team, Peixe was responsible for paying 40% of the salaries. Leão da Ilha will pay the other 60% of the salaries.

See Lucas Lima’s bids for Santos in 2023

Lucas Lima has a salary of approximately R$350 thousand. The midfielder’s contract with Santos runs until April 2025 and should not be renewed. He will stay at Sport until the end of this season.

In this scenario, by the end of this year, in addition to the salary already paid in January, Peixe will pay around R$1.5 million for the midfielder.

Can Lucas Lima play against Santos?

Throughout Series B, Santos and Sport will cross paths twice, once at Peixe’s home and once at Leão’s. However, to be able to field the midfielder against the São Paulo team, the Pernambuco team would have to pay a fine, stipulated in the contract. , R$500 thousand per match.

It has not been common in these loan contracts for clubs to pay the fine to play the player loaned by the rival. The tendency, therefore, is for Lucas Lima to be absent from these games.

Even though they still have expenses for Lucas Lima, Santos considers the midfielder’s departure a victory: there was a concern not to harm the good atmosphere of the new squad with the player’s situation dragging on as the months went by. He had been training separately and turned down offers.

1 of 1 Lucas Lima in action for Santos last year — Photo: Raul Baretta/ Santos FC
Lucas Lima in action for Santos last year — Photo: Raul Baretta/ Santos FC

Since taking over, the current management has made it clear that Lucas was not in the plans. The player’s salary is within the salary cap of R$350,000 imposed by the president, but there were never any talks about his permanence or even a possible renewal.

Lucas returned to Santos in February last year, under Andres Rueda, with a productivity contract. If it went well, he would sign a renewal for two more seasons at the end of the Campeonato Paulista dispute. And so it was done.

ge Santos echoes Lucas Lima’s move to Sport

+ Watch everything Santos on Globo, sportv and ge:

The article is in Portuguese

Tags: Santos pay Lucas Limas salary Sport midfielders departure success saints

-

-

PREV Brazilian team call-up: ESPN predicts what Dorival’s first list will be like
NEXT F1:Hamilton leads in Bahrain 1-2 from Mercedes; Verstappen is 6th