Elected president of the Corinthians Deliberative Council last Thursday night, Romeu Tuma Jr took his first steps in command of the body. He accepted a request to analyze contracts signed during the management of former club president Duilio Monteiro Alves and also created six new temporary committees.
Pedro Raul is the new reinforcement for Corinthians’ attack
Responding to the request of advisor Rafael Castilho, Tuma will ask the board to forward to the body the agreements reached with businessman Carlos Leite to pay R$62.5 million in debts; with Brax, to explore the arena’s panels between 2025 and 2029; and renewal of sponsorship from Ezze Seguradora.
Despite the measure and promising supervisory action, the new president of the Council wants to avoid a climate of political revanchism and seeks peace behind the scenes. He has already warned that, in the vote on the 2023 accounts, he will open space for the former management to provide clarifications and be able to defend themselves from criticism.
Upon taking office, Tuma created temporary committees in the Council. Are they:
- Women’s Committee: with the aim of increasing female representation in different areas of the club;
- Administrative Affairs Committee: one of the main tasks will be to monitor the re-registration of members;
- Social, Cultural and Institutional Memory Commission: to organize events and create an archive of Council documents;
- Social Responsibility and ESG Committee: will suggest and execute actions related to sustainability, governance and social nature;
- Statute Reform Commission: it had already been created in the previous mandate, but, despite debates, it did not advance in practical measures; Tuma promises to discuss expanding voting rights at Corinthians;
- Football Commission: which will be linked to professional and youth team matters;
- Marketing Committee: will propose improvements and monitor the department’s performance;
- Institutional Relations Committee: will assist in contact with public and private bodies;
Each committee will be composed of five advisors.
The Deliberative Council is responsible for approving accounts and budgets and also has the power to open impeachment proceedings against the club president.
The president of the Council is also responsible for calling extraordinary meetings and appointing members to committees that discuss topics or carry out internal investigations.
+ Watch: everything about Corinthians on Globo, sportv and ge