By Eduardo Luiz
In the press conference he held after the victory over Red Bull Bragantinocoach Abel Ferreira once again spoke of Palmeiras’ need to seek reinforcements for 2024, especially for Raphael Veiga’s reserve.
“In my opinion, the sector that is the way I like it most is the midfield: with two players per position for them to compete in, it is top notch. If we can bring a 10 if Veiga is called up to the national team, we can have a good alternative. I already told the club what I understood was necessary for a demanding year. We will see. It has been our motto not to look at problems but to find solutions”, he commented.
Abel also spoke about Luis Guilherme, who once again wasted an opportunity. Admitting that the boy didn’t do well, the Portuguese gave him some advice.
“Players sometimes play well, other times they don’t. Maybe today (Wednesday) I was less inspired. If you look at the way the opponent defended, it’s easy to understand why Luis didn’t have space. And the player who was scoring is 20 years older than him. He, like the others, has to understand that the base is finished. They don’t play against 17-year-old kids anymore. They play with 30-year-old men,” he concluded.
MOST READ FROM PTD:
1. Notes from Red Bull Bragantino 0 x 1 Palmeiras
2. Willian José at Palmeiras? Spanish press reports possibility
3. Palmeiras organizes Fan Fest for fans to watch the Super Cup
4. Juventus announces signing of Palmeiras youth defender
5. Endrick makes a beautiful individual play and assists in Brazil’s victory; look