By Eduardo Luiz
Immediately after taking the lead in the Brasileirão, Palmeiras saw the championship being stopped for the last FIFA date of 2023, which throughout the year represented a trauma, as the team always came back very badly after the stoppages.
After the FIFA Date in October, however, Verdão managed to react – the first game was disappointing (defeat at home to Atlético-MG), but soon after the series of 5 consecutive victories took place, which put the team back in the fight for the title.
Now, to stay alive, Palmeiras needs to do something unprecedented in 2023 after a FIFA Date: not lose, since to be champion they need 4 victories and still hope for a stumble from Botafogo.
In the other 4 FIFA Dates of 2023, the team lost at least 1 time in the next 4 games it played after the break in the calendar for national team games. In March, June and October the defeat occurred in the first game after the FIFA Data. In September, it was in the second game.
Verdão’s first commitment after the last FIFA Date of 2023 will be against Fortaleza, at Castelão. Next, the opponents will be América-MG and Fluminense, at home, and finally, Cruzeiro, in Belo Horizonte.
MOST READ FROM PTD:
1. Accounts for the title: see what Palmeiras needs to be champion
2. Message to the horns, criticism of the CBF and praise for Renato Gaúcho: Abel fires after victory over Inter
3. Notas de Palmeiras 3 x 0 Internacional
4. Aníbal Moreno arrives in Brazil to undergo exams and sign with Palmeiras
5. Palmeiras scored more than twice as many points as Botafogo in the Brasileirão return; see numbers