Athletico will have several new additions to the lineup to face Fortaleza, this Wednesday, at 8pm, at the Ligga Arena, in the 33rd round of the Brazilian Championship. Seeking to overcome absences and also the physical exhaustion of some players, coach Wesley Carvalho leaves aside the scheme with three defenders and will have Zapelli on the bench.
Athletico needs to beat Fortaleza and still won’t return to the G-6
The likely Athletico is Bento; Erick, Matheus Felipe, Thiago Heleno and Vinicius Kauê; Fernandinho, Alex Santana and Vitor Bueno; Cuello, Romulo and Canobbio.
The changes at Athletico:
- Erick goes to the right side, and Vinicius Kauê goes to the left side;
- Matheus Felipe is the new addition to the defense;
- Alex Santana gets a place in midfield;
- Cuello returns from suspension and will play in attack, as will Canobbio – both had been playing as wingers;
- Rômulo will be Pablo’s replacement to be the reference man up front.
For the game, Furacão does not have defender Cacá and left-back Lucas Esquivel, suspended, nor defender Kaíque Rocha and attacker Pablo, who left the game with Palmeiras with muscle injuries.
The list of absences was already long, with Pedro Henrique, Madson, Fernando, Vidal, Pablo and Vitor Roque, all in the medical department.
In seventh place, Athletico has 49 points and is four points behind the G-6. Fortaleza is ninth place, with 42 points.