The old dream of having its own stadium on the site of the old Gasometer, in the center of Rio, remains firm at Flamengo. The club would have already developed a financial plan to manage the arena without going into debt. He would involve other partners in the project who could also use the site. The business model is inspired by the Allianz Arena, from Bayern Munich-ALE.
– The plan is to do a SAF to bring in funds to build the stadium. Flamengo’s directors even went to Germany to study Bayern’s model with their stadium, the Allianz Arena. The Bayern stadium works as follows: several companies are partners of the club, such as Audi. So, Audi uses the stadium to hold its events, such as launching cars. Flamengo is studying similar partnerships with 3 companies that would be partners in its stadium. The idea of this management is not to go into debt to build the stadium – revealed journalist and presenter André Rizek during his program on Sportv.
- Read too: What is known so far about Flamengo’s stadium
- Flamengo x Palmeiras: Tite has twice as many titles as Abel Ferreira
According to the communicator, Flamengo now has the support of Rio City Hall. Initially, the municipal administration did not welcome the idea of a stadium close to Maracanã. Therefore, he encouraged the red-black people to look for other regions, such as the Deodoro neighborhood. But now, it will be an ally in the attempt to convince Caixa Econômica Federal, owner of the former Gasologista land, to negotiate with the Rio club. This remains the biggest obstacle to the project.
– There was a problem with City Hall, which preferred the stadium to be in another location so as not to be close to Maracanã. However, Flamengo managed to convince City Hall and this matter has already been resolved. The problem is that the land belongs to Caixa Econômica Federal. Caixa got authorization to build a skyscraper and, therefore, wants to charge for floor potential, and Flamengo does not want to pay for that, but for the land. So, there is a very big difference in value between what Caixa wants to receive and Flamengo wants to pay – explained Rizek, who also added:
– Flamengo is in talks with the Federal Government to try to resolve this, and the club has the help of the City Hall. Publicly, no one will admit this, because Flamengo is trying to renew its Maracanã concession and it would be wrong to publicly admit that it wants to build a stadium.