Robert Lewandowski is experiencing his biggest goal drought in the last 12 years. At 35, the Pole hasn’t scored in six games, which for many athletes would be a normal period. But since the 2010/11 season, when he was Lucas Barrios’ backup at Borussia Dortmund coached by Jürgen Klopp, the center forward hasn’t spent so much time without finding the net..
In 2010/11, Lewandowski failed to score 10 consecutive matches. The season in question, in which Borussia Dortmund finished with the Bundesliga title, was also the last in which the player did not exceed 20 goals, having scored just nine. In the current season, he has six goals in 13 games.
Lewandowski games without scoring
- Shakhtar Donetsk 1 x 0 Barcelona – Played during the 90 minutes
- Real Sociedad 0 x 1 Barcelona – Left at 12 in the second half
- Barcelona 1 x 2 Real Madrid – Entered at 16 in the second half
- Porto 0 x 1 Barcelona – Left in the 34th minute
- Barcelona 1 x 0 Sevilla – Played during the 90 minutes
- Mallorca 2 x 2 Barcelona – Entered at 13 in the second half
In addition to not scoring in the last six games, Lewa has not had a single shot on target in that period. The Polish striker’s last goals were scored in the 3-2 victory over Celta Vigo, on September 23rd. In October, the athlete suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him for around three weeks, missing three games.
Barcelona is third in the Spanish Championship table, with 27 points, behind only Real Madrid and Girona. In the Champions League, Xavi’s team leads Group H, with the same nine points as second-place Porto, and three more than Shakhtar, in third place.