Once again, Luan was an option at Grêmio and only saw another victory from the bench, this Saturday over Bahia. It was the fifth consecutive game in which the midfielder was not used by Renato. The coach, however, justified the fact that he did not opt for the number 7 shirt.
Grêmio 1 x 0 Bahia – Best moments – 32nd round of Brasileirão 2023
The player went through bad times at Corinthians, his last club. Without playing in 2023 and involved in off-field controversies, Luan left Timão in July and agreed to return to Grêmio afterwards. There were more than eight months without an official match.
After the victory over Bahia, Renato Portaluppi said that “no one has more affection for Luan” than him, but highlighted the physical condition of the athlete, who spent a long time without playing. Despite agreeing that you can only regain rhythm by playing, the coach considered:
– Putting Luan in this situation, of being completely out of rhythm in the game, sometimes I will have one less on the field. If the game is decided, it’s another thing. In a competitive game, it gets difficult. At the right time they will have opportunities, they have trained a lot and have not forgotten how to play.
– He comes from a year, and not without playing, in eight, nine months without touching the ball. We have to be very careful not to expose the player, suffer an injury or harm our team in a situation where the games have been difficult – added Renato.
In three months at the club, Luan was available in 15 Grêmio matches, but entered the field in only five, and only two in consecutive games. In all of them, he came off the bench in the final minutes. Not counting stoppage time, the midfielder has played a total of 45 minutes.
Luan on the field for Grêmio (all for Brasileirão):
- 19th round – Grêmio 2×1 Fluminense – 3 minutes
- 21st round – Grêmio 3×0 Cruzeiro – 11 minutes
- 22nd round – Grêmio 2×0 Cuiabá – 18 minutes
- 15th round – Corinthians 4×4 Grêmio – 9 minutes
- 27th round – Grêmio 1×2 Athletico-PR – 4 minutes
- Total (not counting additions): 45 minutes
+ Watch: everything about Grêmio on ge and on TV