Cuiabá’s top scorer in the Brazilian Championship, Deyverson has a strong relationship with Vasco, this Thursday’s opponent, despite never having played for the club. Known for the authenticity of his interviews, it is precisely in his speeches that the attacker made his ties with the Rio team explicit.
– Vasco is my favorite team. I hope they can get through this turbulence they are experiencing, it is a club that does not deserve to be going through this – in an interview with sportv in August, Deyverson revealed his support for the team to remain in Series A.
Deyverson gives an interview wearing a Vasco shirt during halftime of the game against Cuiabá
Revealed by Mangaratibense, Deyverson toured Europe before returning to Brazil to defend Palmeiras, with whom he was Brazilian, Libertadores and Recopa Sul-Americana champion. He arrived at Cuiabá in the second half of 2022. At 32 years old, he dreams of defending Vasco, his favorite team, and where he was based for a period.
Deyverson is originally from Rio de Janeiro and grew up as a Vasco fan, but never managed to defend the club. In recent years, he revealed his fans and declared, more than once, his desire to play with the Cruzmaltina shirt.
The team was chosen because of his father, Carlos Roberto da Silva. As a child, Deyverson found himself surrounded by people who supported rival Flamengo in his family. He almost didn’t accept the influence and became red-black. A request from his mother, who saw her husband suffer for Vasco, made him change his mind and follow his father’s favorite club.
O ge separated some times in which the attacker mentioned Vasco in his interviews:
– I do have the dream of playing for Vasco. I always told my agent that my dream would be to one day have the honor of playing for the club I love, for which I have great affection. I’ve been Vasco since I was little, my father and I are – Deyverson said to “Fox Sports”.
At the beginning of 2020, Deyverson was loaned by Palmeiras to Getafe, in Spain, for six months. At the end of the contract, he returned to Brazil, but looking for another team, as he was out of the São Paulo club’s plans. On that occasion, the attacker made mysterious publications on his way to Rio de Janeiro and also started following Vasco on social media, encouraging the Vasco fans. He ended up loaned to another Spanish team, Alavés.
– I’m Vasco, I do have the dream of one day wearing the shirt of Vascão, of Gigante da Colina. People send a lot of messages, many Vasco fans asking me to go to Vasco. But I do have the dream of being able to wear the shirt of my favorite club – said the player in an interview with the “Desimpedidos” channel, and added:
– I’ve always been Vasco since I was little. There was a problem at home, everyone was a Flamengo fan. And when I was little, I was in doubt, a young kid, let’s go by what people were saying. Everyone was celebrating at home, I said: “I’m going to be what everyone is”… But my mother came to my ear and said: “Son, your father is suffering, he might have a heart attack. Your father is already at that age and you can’t keep stressing the old man. Son, become a Vasco fan like your father.” Then I said: “he’s Vascão until he dies!”
– Everyone knows, I always said that I’m a Vasco fan and, after I met Palmeiras, I became a Palmeiras fan too. There are two clubs in my heart, which form one flesh, there is no difference in passion. But I would definitely go, I have no problem playing for Vasco. My father is a Vasco fan, I have been a Vasco fan since I was little. But we don’t know the day. I can’t say that I’m going tomorrow or the day after, but I do have the dream of being able to play for Vasco one day – declared Deyverson in an interview with “Bolavip”.
On June 26, after Vasco’s 1-0 victory over Cuiabá, in the first round of the Brazilian Championship, Deyverson surprised by appearing wearing the Rio club’s shirt in an interview during halftime of the game. (see video above).
– A lot of people don’t know that. I was at Belenenses (2013/14) and wanted to leave. I told him (businessman): “Come on, for God’s sake, call Vasco, see if Vasco wants me to go there. Call them there.” The guys said they didn’t want me – he said in an interview with “TNT Sports”.
– They didn’t want me because they didn’t know who this player was, that they didn’t need it, this and that. Vasco didn’t want to, no (laughs). They are also not obligated, they do not have the obligation to want it. No one knew that, no – added Deyverson.
– I wouldn’t have imagined that Vasco would be going through this moment, no. Everyone knows that I have been a Vasco fan since I was a child, because my father was a Vasco fan, I also followed this path. If I’m going to say, because I’m playing for Cuiabá today, whoever fell, let Vasco fall. I will defend the club that puts lunch on my table, that makes me buy things for my own good, for my wife, I have my achievements with Cuiabá – commented the attacker in an interview with the Boleiragem program, on sportv.
– Vasco is my favorite team, everyone knows. I hope they can get through this turmoil they are experiencing, it is a club that does not deserve to be going through this, it is a big team, of great proportions, with big titles, with great players. You don’t have to be living in this moment. May Vasco and Cuiabá stay in the first (division), may they both be very happy. I’m here talking from the fans’ side, that Vasco doesn’t go through this moment, that it can reverse – concluded the attacker at the time.
Deyverson’s goal against Vasco guaranteed Palmeiras the Brazilian title in 2018
This Thursday’s game, at 5pm, at Arena Pantanal, will be Deyverson’s sixth meeting with Vasco. The striker has the upper hand in the dispute, with three wins, one draw and one defeat against his favorite club. In 2018, he scored a goal against Vasco in São Januário, guaranteeing the Brazilian title for Palmeiras after a 1-0 victory.
Watch everything about Vasco on ge, Globo and SporTV: