Is not for nothing. The five players mentioned above are from the French under-17 national team. They want to follow in the footsteps of three world champions who left HAC – a club formed by Englishmen who crossed the English Channel, landed in the Normandy region and created a team in blue colors that refer to the traditional British universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
+ All about Brazil vs Ghana
All rooms in the Havre training building face the fields. On the other side, there is a small stadium for base games — Photo: Raphael Zarko
On the walls of the HAC, photos of the great players who left the club — Photo: Raphael Zarko
Club founded by the English has completed 150 years and is fighting to return to the first division of France – Photo: Raphael Zarko
The world champions revealed by HAC: goalkeeper Mandanda, Rennes player, Paul Pogba, who returned to Juventus, and Benjamin Mendy, away from Manchester City, involved in rape accusation – he was acquitted of one of the lawsuits he faces in the last week
“The pioneer” is another way of referring to France’s oldest club, which turned 150 in March. Le Havre – which does not carry the article “le” from the city of Le Havre, a city located 250 km from Paris – has been in the second division since 2008. In recent days, he has been experiencing the euphoria of living with the famous stars of the Brazilian football team. .
Little Pogba with the blue colors of Havre: he left the club at just 16 years old — Photo: HAC
Current City player under Guardiola, Algerian Mahrez spent three years at Havre and was sold to Leicester – Photo: HAC
As Brazil’s refuge, Havre won in exchange around 300 tickets for the game against Ghana, at 15:30 GMT, broadcast live on TV Globo, SporTV and ge. Athletes from all basic and professional categories go to the game, who received four entries each. Other younger ones will be ball boys. A 14-year-old boy, of South American origins in French Guiana, will enter with the Brazilian flag for the match.
In the book and in the ball, an Oscar at HAC
O ge knew every bit of the formation of Havre. The HAC fields for the base are just over 5 km from the professionals’ training center, the one that Tite’s team used between Monday and Thursday.. It is on top of a hill, close to the beach of Le Havre, a town of just over 200,000 inhabitants.
In the past it suffered from English invasion, was a slave trade port and also bombed and completely destroyed by almost 10 thousand tons of explosives in an attack by the allied forces against Hitler’s Germany that occupied the village of Le Havre.
Casa da Seleção for a week, Le Havre means “the refuge” in Portuguese
In the winter of 1944, a bomber of the Allied forces destroyed the city of Le Havre – Photo: Archive Le Havre
Almost 80 years after the massacre – the bombing lasted more than a week in early September 1944 – which claimed the lives of 2,000 Le Havre citizens and left 80,000 homeless, Le Havre breathes the dream of many children of immigrants with stories similar to those of the great players of French football..
One of them is defender Moise David. The son of Angolans, the 17-year-old, 1.83m player is one of the boys who goes to the Oceane stadium to honor the Brazilian team. He cites Neymar as a first-time favorite in the national team, but he doesn’t forget another one who no longer wears the yellow shirt.
– I really liked to see Maicon play. At the time of Inter Milan – said Moise, in good Portuguese to the ge. – We train here every day, study next door and, of course, we have Pogba’s reference and many others who trained here.
Son of Angolans, Moise is looking forward to seeing Brazil on the field this Friday — Photo: Raphael Zarko
Kids from Havre leave for school before training at the French club’s CT — Photo: Raphael Zarko
Two players from the professional team of Havre in the training of the Brazilian team: each of them received four tickets for this Friday night’s game — Photo: Raphael Zarko
The current structure of the base of Havre, built in 1984, will receive a high investment in 2023. One of the coaches and coordinators of the base of the club, Mickael Bunel said that the HAC is preparing a complete renovation of the building located on Calle Cavée Verte (“green cave “). 4 million euros will be invested – about R$ 20 million for improvements in conditions that are already good to house 40 players – from under-16 to under-20.
There is another building that also welcomes the girls, in the growing French women’s football. There are 15 girls who live in the structure for the training of young players.
– I worked for a few years in the MLS, the American football league. The players who develop the most are the smartest. This often differentiates the good from the best. They need to analyze when they receive the ball, unite the great technique with the mentality – says Bunel.
Bunel is one of those responsible for the award that players receive by category, for school and sports performance — Photo: Raphael Zarko
François Rodrigues coaches five players who are currently in France’s under-17 national team — Photo: Raphael Zarko
With this philosophy, Havre annually promotes in all categories a kind of performance award that combines performance at school and on the field. Each athlete puts on their gala clothes to climb to the podium and be rewarded by teachers from the school next to the CT. On the walls of the academy, the message is in this sense: “training defeats talent when talent doesn’t train”.
– We don’t have a big structure, but we are a family. When we bring in a new player, we are very interested in their quality, in the mentality of the game. But not only that. It’s not easy for the new player to get here, to leave the family. The main concern is to know that the player is well – says François Rodrigues, son of Portuguese parents who recently returned to Le Havre after working at PSG’s base.
The main short-term objective of HAC is to move up the division to continue looking for new talent. They often capture throughout the Normandy region. Pogba, for example, lived in the CT for two years, but was not sold. In recent days, on the occasion of the arrest of Pogba’s brother, a former president of the club was lamenting the way in which the French star left the club. He considered it a betrayal.
– There was only a compensation of 180 thousand euros for the departure of Pogba. that was nothing. We have a reputation for working well in our academies, but contracts in France are not adapted to the world of football. When you have 15 or 16 the player is not protected. Pogba stayed here for two years. Contract was fragile. But when we wanted to renew, we couldn’t compete with the big clubs in Europe – recalls Rodrigues.
The case of Mahrez, a City player, was different. Rodrigues says that the Algerian made much more money for the Le Havre club. He played for two years for HAC.
– It is essential to move up to be able to hold the best players. If we don’t go up, it will be very difficult – says the French coach of HAC.
Lucas Paquetá talks about Brazil’s new scheme in the national team; Look