Williams announces end of tie with Latifi for F1 2023 – Formula 1 News

After almost three years, Williams announced this Friday (23) that will not renew the bond with Nicholas Latifi for next year. The Canadian driver was already speculated to leave the team with the various names appearing to take his place in 2023 — one of them, by the way, is Nyck’s de Vrieswho did a great job replacing Alex Albon in Italian GP.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Williams Racing – all the people at the factory and those who work on the track – for the last three years,” said Latifi. “My Formula 1 debut was delayed because of the pandemic, but eventually we started in Austria and while we never achieved the results we were hoping for, it was a fantastic journey nonetheless,” he continued.

“Winning those first points in Hungary last year was a moment I will never forget and I will go into the next chapter of my career with special memories of the time I dedicated to this team.” “I know that none of us will stop trying until the end of the season,” he concluded.

▶️ Subscribe to both GRAND PRIZE YouTube channels: GP | GP2
▶️ Discover the GRAND PRIZE channel on Twitch by clicking here!

Nicholas Latifi was surpassed by Nyck de Vries in Italy (Photo: Williams)

READ MORE: Aston Martin praises Vettel’s professionalism and motivation: “He is a machine”

The relationship with the owner of car #6 was also maintained for financial reasons. He arrived in the category through substantial sponsorship from Sofina Foodsa food distribution company owned by Iranian businessman Michael Latifi, his father.

However, in almost three seasons and 55 GPs, he has let down and shown little. In all, he added only seven points and was marked by abandonments and blunders. He has received a lot of criticism over the years, mainly for the disparity in performance compared to his teammates and the other drivers on the grid.

Even so, Jost Capito, CEO from the British team, thanked Nicholas for his work. Although the results on the track did not go exactly as planned, the representative praises his personality.

“On behalf of the entire team, I would like to say a huge thank you to Nicholas for these three years of hard work with Williams,” began Capito. “He’s a great team player who has a great attitude to his colleagues and work and is appreciated and respected in the business,” I continue.

“Our time together is coming to an end, but I know he will strive to maximize what we can do together for the remainder of this season.” “We wish him all the best for the future, in and out of the cockpit.”

With Albon confirmed for 2023, it remains to be seen who Grove’s team will choose for Latifi’s seat – and he’s already said he’ll release his decision “soon”. De Vries is a strong name after the hurried result at Monza, but it is worth remembering that Williams also in their academy the talented youngster Logan Sargeant. Another name addressed is the veteran Nico Hulkenberg.

Come back in a moment.

Access the Spanish and Portuguese-PT versions of BIG PRIZEin addition to the partners Nosso Palestra and Escanteio SP.


The article is in Portuguese

Tags: Williams announces tie Latifi Formula News

PREV Daniel Alves says that CR7 was the most difficult opponent of his career: “Goal-scoring machine” | international football
NEXT Vtor Pereira declares himself to Renato Augusto after a goal in the Copa do Brasil: ‘makes a difference’
-

-

-

-