When I see a Palestinian child, a boy or a girl, being pulled from the rubble of a collapsed building, it gives me a knot in my stomach… So this is something we have an obligation to respond to, and we will.
- Blinken further stated that the US and other governments are exploring a number of options for the future of Gaza. According to him, this could include international agencies and other countries in the region, but he did not provide further details. “People are very focused on today, not just the day after. But we have to talk now about the best way to establish the conditions for lasting and sustainable peace – lasting and sustainable security for both Israelis and Palestinians,” he said .
Siege of Gaza City
The Israel Defense Forces announced on Thursday night (02) that they have completely surrounded Gaza City, the enclave from which the attacks carried out by the extremist group Hamas began on October 7th and left more than 1,400 people dead in Israeli territory. . “Soldiers have completed the siege of Gaza City, the center of the terrorist organization Hamas,” said Israeli army spokesman Daniel Hagari.
- In response to the statement, Hamas’ armed wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, said that Gaza would be a “curse” for Israel and that its soldiers would return home “in black bags.”.
- After almost four weeks of conflict, the death toll in the Gaza Strip has exceeded 9,000, including 3,760 childrenaccording to information released by local authorities.
- The number of children killed in the Israel-Hamas conflict is more than six times greater than the 560 victims recorded by the United Nations (UN) in 19 months of war in Ukraine.
* with Reuters and Deutsche Welle