Using your cell phone in the bathroom has become a common habit for many people. It’s a way to pass the time and distract yourself while carrying out routine activities. However, few are aware of the risks that this practice can bring to health and personal hygiene. In this article, we’ll explore three reasons why you should think twice before take your cell phone to the bathroom. Let’s analyze the dangers of bacteria present in the environment, the impact on intestinal health and poor posture that can affect the back. Additionally, we will provide tips to avoid future problems.
Reason 1: Exposure to Bacteria
When we take our cell phone to the bathroom, we are subject to involuntary exposure to a series of bacteria present in the environment. A study carried out by the University of Arizona revealed that bathrooms are habitats for several enteric and pathogenic bacteria. These bacteria can easily be transferred to the cell phone screen and, when leaving the bathroom without disinfecting the device, we end up taking the microbes to other places, including our face during a connection. Cross-contamination is a real danger and can cause health problems.
To avoid exposing these bacteria, it is essential to leave your cell phone out of the bathroom. If you really need to take it with you, it is important to disinfect the device and wash your hands thoroughly after use. Prevention is always the best option when it comes to health and hygiene.
Reason 2: Risk of Hemorrhoids
In addition to exposure to bacteria, the habit of spending a lot of time sitting on the toilet while distracted by your cell phone can lead to the development of hemorrhoids. Research conducted by the American University of Hospital and Research Federation highlights this problem. Prolonged sitting, combined with the pressure exerted during bowel movements, can cause the veins in the anal region to enlarge, resulting in hemorrhoids.
Therefore, browsing social media or playing a game while we are in the bathroom can be costly for our health. gut health. It is important to limit the time spent on the toilet and avoid problems with your cell phone. Prioritizing health is essential to prevent future problems.
Reason 3: Bad Posture and Back Problems
Another problem caused by prolonged cell phone use in the bathroom is bad posture. When we are bent over and focused on the device, we place a additional pressure on our spine. This busy posture can lead to back pain, discomfort and even more serious problems, such as herniated discs.
The ideal position for using the bathroom is to keep your knees elevated. Using a stool to support our feet can help achieve this position, ensuring that our health is not harmed. Furthermore, it is important to remember to maintain correct posture when using your cell phone in any situation, avoiding pain and possible injuries.
Tips to Avoid Future Problems
Now that you are aware of the risks of using your cell phone in the bathroom, it’s time to take some measures to avoid future problems. Here are some simple tips:
- Leave your cell phone outside the bathroom: Avoid taking your cell phone into the bathroom, especially during activities such as using the toilet. Leaving it in another comfort reduces exposure to bacteria and reduces time spent in the bathroom.
- Disinfect your cell phone regularly: If you need to take your cell phone to the bathroom, make sure to disinfect it regularly with a damp cloth and isopropyl alcohol. This helps to reduce the amount of bacteria present on the device.
- Wash your hands particularly: After using your cell phone in the bathroom, it is essential to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Remember to scrub all parts of your hands, including the spaces between your fingers and nails.
- Limit time on the toilet: Avoid spending too much time sitting on the toilet. In addition to increasing your risk of hemorrhoids, this can cause discomfort and harm your intestinal health.
- Maintain a correct posture: When using your cell phone in any situation, including in the bathroom, maintain an upright posture. Avoid bending over for long periods of time to protect your spine.
Prioritize your health and hygiene
While it may be tempting to use your cell phone in the bathroom as a way to pass the time, it’s important to consider the risks involved. Exposure to bacteria, the risk of hemorrhoids and posture problems are just some of the negative consequences of this practice. Prioritizing personal health and hygiene is essential to avoid future problems. Therefore, leave your cell phone out of the bathroom, disinfect it regularly and adopt a correct posture when using it. Your health thank you!