Consulate General of Israel shows journalists images of the atrocities committed by terrorists on October 7
The Consulate General of Israel in São Paulo showed this Wednesday (1st), to a group of journalists, images of atrocities that terrorists from the Hamas group committed against civilians during the attacks on October 7th.
The meeting organized by the consulate general of Israel in São Paulo, by NGO Stand With Us Brazil and for Israeli Federation of the State of São Paulo brought together around 40 journalists and members of the Jewish community in a synagogue in the capital of São Paulo.
After asking reporters to leave their equipment, cameras and cell phones outside the room, the Defense Attaché at the Israeli embassy in Brazil, Semion Gamburg, displayed a 44 minute video with shocking images of the Hamas terrorist attack on October 7th.
It was the third time since the start of the war that the Israeli government displayed these images extremely strong. Previously, only journalists in Israel and New York watched the recording. The Israeli government does not allow the video to be released in full out of respect for the victims’ relatives. Unpublishable atrocities for TV stations, such is the cruelty.
In one of the scenes shown to journalists, a father flees in despair with his two young children in the kibbutz of Be’eri, near the border with Gaza. He tries to hide, but is killed in front of his children, who are in shock and badly injured.. Another excerpt features audio in which a terrorist uses an Israeli victim’s cell phone to speak to his parents in Gaza. He shouts in a celebratory tone: “I killed ten Jews with my own hands”.
In the early afternoon of this Wednesday (1st), the consulate sent the National Newspaper smaller versions of the recording, released for publication.
The Israel Defense Forces found the videos on cell phones and body cameras that Hamas terrorists used. There are also images from security cameras in communities, homes and vehicles, as well as records that the victims themselves managed to make on their cell phones.
One of the scenes shows when a man ran down the sidewalk, trying to get away from the terrorists, but he didn’t escape. He was hit in the back, in the head. Afterwards, he was shot at least once more by a rifle.
Two women also ran to try to protect themselves, hugging each other while hiding behind a car, but they also ended up cowardly murdered. Another scene shows the approach of Israelis who arrived by car at a community: a terrorist approached and murdered everyone who was in the vehicle.
Another image shows when the terrorists arrived at the door of a shelter, where a group of Israelis were trying to protect themselves. The terrorists threw a grenade inside. A man ran out but was killed. The grenade exploded and inside, no one survived.
The terrorists shot indiscriminately at those inside the houses. Many of the victims were asleep. An explosion opened one of the holes in the Gaza fence. The terrorists set up metal ramps to pass motorcycles into Israel.
This Wednesday, in the interview, the Israel’s consul general in São Paulo, Rafael Erdreich, said he released these images because Hamas uses civilians in Gaza to protect itself and that one of the terrorist group’s strategies is to spread false information to turn the international community against Israel.
“Everything leaving Gaza is controlled by Hamas. Hamas is a terrorist organization. As a terrorist organization, their first challenge is to cause panic, to use civilians as human shields. That’s the first thing you have to know,” she says.