Success! The live-action adaptation’Five Nights At Freddy’s – The Neverending Nightmare‘ managed to raise impressive US$ 271.8 million worldwide, entering the TOP 16 of the highest grossing films of 2023.
The film also surpassed the total collection of ‘The Nun 2‘ ($268M), becoming the biggest horror of the year.
Furthermore, horror became the second biggest global grosser in the history of Blumhousejust behind ‘Fragmented‘ ($278.4M).
In the USA, production raised US$ 132.6 million. In the international market, they were US$ 139.2 million.
Released simultaneously on Peacockthe film also became the biggest debut in the history of the streaming service, surpassing the numbers of ‘Halloween Ends‘, ‘Super Mario Bros‘ It is ‘Bel-Air‘, in the first five days on the platform.
Remember all the records that the film broke in its debut on the big screen:
- Biggest global debut Blumhouseovercoming ‘Halloween‘ ($91.8M);
- Biggest opening for a horror directed by a woman (Emma Tammi);
- Biggest domestic debut Blumhouseovercoming ‘Halloween‘ ($76.2M);
- Biggest opening in history for a horror film with a low age rating, surpassing ‘The return of the mummy‘ ($68.1M);
- Biggest global opening of the year for an original horror film, surpassing ‘The Nun 2‘ ($91.8M);
- The biggest launch in history on Halloween weekend, surpassing ‘Puss in Boots‘ ($34M);
- Biggest domestic debut of the year for a horror film, surpassing ‘Scream VI‘ ($44.4M);
- Third biggest domestic debut in cinema history for a horror film, behind only ‘It: The Thing‘ ($123.4M) and ‘It: Chapter 2‘ ($91M);
- It is the 19th film in Blumhouse to reach the top of the North American box office;
- Second biggest opening in history for a film released simultaneously on streaming, behind only ‘Black Widow‘ ($80M);
Emma Tammi (‘Haunted Land’) is responsible for directing, in addition to also signing the script alongside Scott Cawthon It is Seth Cuddeback.
“While spending his first night on the job, a troubled security guard at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria soon realizes that surviving his first shift will not be an easy task.”