In just two days, three regions in the capital of Minas Gerais have already exceeded 25% of the historical average of accumulated rainfall in the city.
According to the Civil Defense forecast, on Saturday (3), the sky will be partly cloudy to cloudy with typical summer rains. Thermometers should fluctuate between 18°C and 31°C, with a minimum relative humidity of around 40% in the afternoon.
The same forecast for Sunday (4), which should mark a minimum of 18°C and a maximum of 31°C, with partly cloudy to cloudy skies with rain. Humidity is around 40% in the afternoon.
Civil Defense recommendations during rain:
– Double your attention! Avoid flood areas and do not travel on streets subject to flooding or near streams and rivers during heavy rain.
– Do not cross flooded streets or let children play in floodwaters or near streams.
– Do not take shelter or park vehicles under trees.
– Pay special attention to slopes and hills.
– Never approach broken electrical cables. Call CEMIG (116) or Civil Defense (199) immediately.
– If you notice cracks in the walls of houses or the appearance of cracks, depressions or water mines on the ground, notify Civil Defense immediately.
– In case of lightning, do not remain in open areas or use electrical equipment.
Residents of Belo Horizonte can receive risk alerts for heavy rain, hail, storms, windstorms, flooding, risk of landslides and other meteorological phenomena via the WhatsApp Public Channel.
The population can also follow Civil Defense alerts and recommendations via SMS. To register, simply send a text message with your street zip code to the number 40199 and a confirmation message will be sent afterwards. The service has no cost.
On social media, alerts can be followed through Instagram, X, Facebook and the public Telegram channel at: DefesaCivilbh.