After candidates lose their place in Sisu, MEC admits ‘improper disclosure of provisional results’ for 25 minutes | Education

After candidates lose their place in Sisu, MEC admits ‘improper disclosure of provisional results’ for 25 minutes | Education
After candidates lose their place in Sisu, MEC admits ‘improper disclosure of provisional results’ for 25 minutes | Education
-

MEC admitted that Sisu’s results were released “inappropriately”

The Ministry of Education (MEC) admitted, this Friday (2), that the results of the Unified Selection System (Sisu) were released “inappropriately” on the morning of January 30th. For 25 minutes, the approved lists that appeared on the website were not correctthe ministry said to the g1.

“What happened was an improper disclosure of provisional results, not yet approved, for 25 minutes on the morning of January 30th. The incident is being rigorously investigated,” said the MEC.

The department did not answer whether anything will be done to repair the frustration of these students — it only stated that they, like all those who were not approved, can express an interest in participating in the waiting list until February 7th.

“The system is secure, and the official results will not be modified,” stated the ministry.

See, in summary, what happened:

  • The Sisu result, according to the notice, was scheduled to be released on January 30th. Some students were able to view the list of approved candidates in the morning of that day, until the page became unstable and went offline.
  • At 8pm on the same date, without giving details, the MEC informed that “identified technical problems in the system and restarted the approval protocols”, postponing the release of the results until Wednesday (31).
  • When, on Wednesday, the definitive lists were finally released, the classification was different from that shown on the 30th.
  • Students approved the day before — and who even painted their faces with paint, in celebration, and shared the news with friends and family — dropped positions and discovered that they had not won a place at university.
  • On February 2, the MEC admitted that there had been an improper disclosure of provisional results.

‘My world fell’, says student who celebrated approval

1 of 5 Khauany even posted on Instagram that she had been approved. The next day, her name was removed from the classified list. — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC
Khauany even posted on Instagram that she had been approved. The next day, her name was removed from the classified list. — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC

On Tuesday morning (30), Khauany Freitas, 18 years old, went to the Sisu website and saw the message he had been dreaming about: “Congratulations, you have been selected in the regular call.”

She posted on Instagram: “UFF Freshman [Universidade Federal Fluminense]!!!! Thank you to God and to all the people who helped me!”. On her arms, she wrote “biological sciences” in ink (the name of the course in which she had passed under quotas).

Until there was a twist: like other candidates, due to an error by the MEC, Khauany “lost” his position the following day.

“The website showed that I hadn’t passed college. I was very frustrated, I had an anxiety attack and I could only control it through medication,” she says.

The same frustration of losing her place was felt by Maria Eduarda Xavier, 19 years old, who, from one day to the next, saw her name “disappear” from the list of those approved in environmental engineering at the Federal Center for Technological Education of Minas Gerais ( Cefet-MG).

“I was placed 3rd out of 3 quota places [para alunos de escola pública]. I went out to celebrate with my family, I sent a message to my best friends, my mother posted it on social media… My grandmother [a entrevistada chora ao lembrar] he was very happy to see his last granddaughter at college. Until, the next day, I saw that it hadn’t happened,” says Maria Eduarda. “My world fell apart.”

2 of 5 Maria Eduarda lost her place in environmental and sanitary engineering — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC
Maria Eduarda lost her place in environmental and sanitary engineering — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC

‘I’m lost’, says student who thought she was approved

Sisu: After candidates lost their place, MEC admits ‘improper disclosure of results’

In the municipality of Lagarto (SE), Kamilly Giovanna, 19 years old, still doesn’t have the courage to tell her mother that, in fact, she didn’t pass statistics at the Federal University of Sergipe (UFS).

In the results of January 30th, the young woman’s name was in 1st place in the quota category. The page went offline, but Kamilly believed everything was correct. The following day, however, the Sisu website started displaying the following message: “You were not selected in the regular call”.

“My day is over. I’m terrible, very distressed. I’m without a path, without direction, I don’t know if I’ll go back to studying or if I believe in the chance of being on the waiting list”, she says, crying.

3 of 5 Kamilly thought she had passed statistics at UFS — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC
Kamilly thought she had passed statistics at UFS — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC

‘Thank you for being rubbish, Sisu, thank you for the ruined dream’, writes candidate

On January 30, Clara Letícia, 18 years old, was celebrating, at the course, winning a place in law at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN). It was at that moment that she discovered that the Sisu website was offline and that the list of approved candidates would only be published again the following day.

Student has his name removed from the list of those approved in Sisu in RN

When, on January 31, the MEC released the definitive result, Clara was no longer classified as her 1st option — and I didn’t even have the possibility of trying to compete on the waiting list, because I had been selected in the 2nd option (international relations).

➡️According to Sisu’s rules, only those who are not approved in either of the two course options marked when registering can apply for the waiting list.

“I felt helpless and deluded. I didn’t want to believe that this was happening to me”, she tells g1.

On social media, she wrote: “Thank you for being rubbish, SISU, thank you for the ruined dream! I dreamed of my approval for nothing. I’m devastated!”

4 of 5 Clara Letícia had even celebrated her approval in law at the course — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC
Clara Letícia had even celebrated her approval in law at the course — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC

‘I don’t have the courage to tell people that I didn’t actually pass’

Two candidates preferred not to be identified in the report.

“I don’t want to say that it’s me. I had already posted and celebrated my approval”, says one of the young women, who occupied, on the 30th, the last place in medicine at a federal university.

On January 31, the Sisu website started to show that she will only have a chance if she is called on the waiting list (that is, if one of those classified in the 1st call does not enroll).

“I’ve always participated in Sisu, and this had never happened,” he says.

The other student, aged 17, was happy with passing a science and technology course in Rio Grande do Norte. When the MEC informed her that the “definitive” results would only be released the following day, she didn’t even consider the possibility of being left out.

“My grade was high. I didn’t worry. I posted it on Instagram and started planning my change of city”, he says. “Until I discovered, on January 31, that my name was no longer among those approved. I cried all night. Now, I’m going to focus on Enem again.”

On the waiting list, students dropped positions

In Macaé (RJ), Pedro Lora, 19 years old, spent the morning of January 30th updating the Sisu page. When the results appeared, he discovered that he was in first place in the reclassification (that is, if someone dropped out, he would be the first to be called by the university).

He even sent a message to his father: “I’m the 21st of 20. A single unit of person [na minha frente]”.

However, when Pedro re-entered the website the following day, his position had dropped to 27th place.

“My chances decreased exponentially. The electrical engineering list doesn’t usually ‘rotate’ that much. It gives a feeling of frustration: I received an injection of expectations and then lost everything”, he says.

5 of 5 Pedro Lora dropped positions on the waiting list for electrical engineering at Sisu — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC
Pedro Lora dropped positions on the waiting list for electrical engineering at Sisu — Photo: Personal archive/Reproduction/MEC

The article is in Portuguese

Tags: candidates lose place Sisu MEC admits improper disclosure provisional results minutes Education

-

-

PREV Pedro scores in Flamengo’s victory over Fluminense and reveals that he will be the father of twins | Flamengo
NEXT Pedro scores in Flamengo’s victory over Fluminense and reveals that he will be the father of twins | Flamengo
-

-