VIDEO: Cell phone battery explodes while charging at a family home in ES | South of ES

VIDEO: Cell phone battery explodes while charging at a family home in ES | South of ES
VIDEO: Cell phone battery explodes while charging at a family home in ES | South of ES
-

Cell phone battery explodes while charging in socket at family home in ES

A cell phone battery exploded while the device was charging at the socket in a family’s home in Cachoeiro de Itapemirim, in the south of Espírito Santo, on Wednesday morning (31). In a video (look above) it is possible to see the smoke coming from the cell phone and the black stain it left on the floor after exploding.

According to the physical educator and owner of the device, with Renan Garcia, he put his cell phone to charge 5:10 am before going to work and then left home.

In the video, Renan’s wife, Mayra Manzano, says:

“Renan from heaven, how dangerous, look at this! What is this?”

1 of 4 Cell phone exploded while charging at the family home in Cachoeiro de Itapemirim, in the south of Espírito Santo — Photo: Reproduction/Social networks
Cell phone exploded while charging at the family home in Cachoeiro de Itapemirim, in the south of Espírito Santo — Photo: Reproduction/Social networks

At around 6:40 am, the wife, who was at home with their two young children sleeping, only heard a bang and when she went to the room where the cell phone was charging, she found the device emitting smoke.

“My son had used it the day before and it was low on battery and I put the device on to charge. My wife was at home in bed with my two children and she sent me a message, called me and showed me the video, saying that she was really scared and when he got up to look at his cell phone, it was on fire on the living room floor”, said Renan.

The physical educator also explained that the device was from the Samsung brand and had been used for approximately 4 years. It was already used by his mother, and currently, it was used by his six-year-old son.

“My mother bought a new one and I got it for my son to use. I almost don’t even let him hold his cell phone in his hand, I couldn’t let him use my work cell phone. But it was a shock because it could have been in his hand, or carrying it on the sofa, on the table”, he explained.

2 of 4 Family was sleeping when they heard a noise coming from the living room and realized that it was the cell phone battery that had exploded — Photo: Reproduction/Social networks
The family was sleeping when they heard a noise coming from the living room and discovered that it was the cell phone battery that had exploded — Photo: Reproduction/Social networks

Renan also reported that the cell phone was working normally, without getting too hot, and that he was always careful not to leave the device charging in the socket for several hours at a time.

Furthermore, according to the educator, the cell phone was purchased at an appliance store in the city and has a receipt.

The family said they will not look for the company, and will just buy a new device.

O g1 contacted Samsung to find out what support is provided to customers when situations like this occur, and what the customer should do, but did not receive any feedback until the last update of this report.

Cell phone explodes inside pocket and burns man’s leg in ES

Tiago Effgen, 36, said he was talking to a friend when he felt that the device’s battery was melting. He had burns on his thigh.

After melting, the plastic material of the battery melted the fabric and stuck to his skin, causing the injuries.

“I was talking to my friend and he told me that smoke was coming out of me. I kept trying to take the phone out of my pocket, but it was stuck to my pants and my leg was already badly burned. I didn’t know what to do, so I took the pants to avoid further burns, but the cell phone was still burning for a while”, explained Tiago.

3 of 4 Photos of the burn on the victim’s leg after the cell phone in his pocket exploded — Photo: Tiago Effgen
Photos of the burn on the victim’s leg after the cell phone in his pocket exploded — Photo: Tiago Effgen

Part of the device’s protective cover also melted due to the high temperature. In the video, when Tiago’s friend takes the cell phone in his hand, it is possible to see smoke coming out of it.

According to technology expert, Gilberto Sudré, in addition to some signs that need to be noted in relation to the device’s operation, battery explosions can also be related to counterfeit cell phones or chargers.

“It could be an issue related to fake or pirated cell phones and chargers. In the case of fake chargers used in official cell phones, they can damage the battery and thus cause a reduction in the useful life of the accessory and in critical cases, its explosion. In this case, In pirated cell phones, the issue is the low quality of the components, including the battery, which could cause an explosion”, explained the expert.

4 of 4 Cell phone explodes in pants pocket — Photo: Tiago Effgen
Cell phone explodes in pants pocket — Photo: Tiago Effgen

To check whether the device purchased is legal, it is important to always have the receipt. It is also possible to carry out a query using the IMEI.

Just access the phone’s keyboard and type *#06# and write down the number that will appear). The IMEI has 15 digits. If the device has space for two chips, two numbers will appear (two IMEIs).

With the IMEI, just access the Anatel website for the legal cell phone and use the “Check status” option to find out whether the cell phone is approved or not for use here in Brazil.

VIDEOS: everything about the Holy Spirit

The article is in Portuguese

Tags: VIDEO Cell phone battery explodes charging family home South

-

-

PREV TRF4 denies appointment to a position without competition in the Federal Court; Sintrajufe/RS acted in defense of the public tender
NEXT Institute offers more than 500 places for free professional training courses in Bahia | Job blog