Part of Manaus’ public services will continue to operate this Wednesday (15th), the Proclamation of the Republic holiday. Find out what’s open in the capital.
The services of the State Secretariat for Justice, Human Rights and Citizenship (Sejusc), the Emergency Support Service for Women (Sapem) in the capital, will continue to operate normally 24 hours a day throughout the entire week.
The arrest centers of the 1st, 6th, 14th and 19th Integrated Police Districts (DIPs) and the Specialized Police Stations for Homicides and Kidnappings (DEHS), Crimes against Women (DECCM) in the central-south zone, on the Vulnerable Guard (PLV) , Protection of Children and Adolescents (Depca) and Investigation of Infractional Acts (Deaai), will operate on a 24-hour basis.
The Police Stations Specialized in Vehicle Robbery and Theft (DERFV) and the Robbery, Theft and Fraud Office (DERFD) will operate in response to incident records in the specialized unit’s area of operation. During this period, incidents can also be registered at the Virtual Police Station, at the address: policeofficevirtual.sinesp.gov.br/portal.
- Emergency rooms, maternity wards, SPAs and UPAs
The six emergency rooms (three adults and three children), the seven maternity wards, the nine Emergency Care Services (SPAs) and the two Emergency Care Units (UPAs) will be operating.
- Amazonas Theater and cultural centers
The Palácio da Justiça and Palácio Rio Negro cultural centers as well as the Teatro Amazonas, managed by the Secretariat of Culture and Creative Economy, will be open from 9am to 1pm this holiday.
Galeria do Largo and Casa das Artes, both also located in Largo de São Sebastião, will operate normally, from 3pm to 8pm.
The Federation of Commerce of Goods, Services and Tourism of Amazonas (Fecomércio-AM) released the opening hours for commerce in the Center of Manaus, which this holiday opens from 8am to 12pm.
Fecomércio-AM also informed the shopping mall opening hours:
- Grande Circular – Shops and Food Court – 10am to 10pm
- Manaus Via Norte – Shops – 2pm to 9pm – Anchors and Food Court – 12pm to 9pm – Havan – 9am to 10pm – Funpark – 5pm to 10pm – Supermarket – 7:30am to 9pm
- Manaus Plaza – Shops and Food Court – 2pm to 8pm – Supermarket – 8am to 9pm
- Manauara Shopping – Anchors and Food Court – 10am to 10pm – Shops and kiosks – 2pm to 9pm
- Ponta Negra – Anchors and Food Court – 10am to 10pm – Shops and kiosks – 2pm to 9pm
- Amazonas Shopping – Anchors and Food Court – 10am to 10pm – Shops and kiosks – 2pm to 10pm
- Millennium – Food Court – 12pm to 8pm – Shops and kiosks – 2pm to 8pm – Cinemas – From 1:30pm
- Studio 5 – Shops and Food Court – 9am to 9pm – Gym – 8am to 6pm – Amazon Bowling – From 3pm
- Shopping São José – Stores and kiosks – 10am to 4pm – Food Court – 12pm to 4pm
- Sumaúma Park – Shops and Food Court – 10am to 10pm – Supermarket – 8am to 10pm
- Shopping Cidade Leste – Shops and Food Court – 8am to 6pm – Supermarket – 8am to 10pm
Emergency Citizen Assistance (PAC) services will not operate this holiday. Activities resume this Thursday (16).
The popular kitchens and restaurants of the Prato Cheio program and the Community Centers managed by the State Secretariat for Social Assistance (Seas) are not open, and will resume normal service on Thursday (16).
Units that provide scheduled consultations, such as Comprehensive Child Care Centers (Caics), Senior Care Centers (Caimis) and Polyclinics will not operate this holiday, returning with services on Thursday (16).
The State Department of Traffic (Detran-AM) is not open and will resume services on Thursday (16). Traffic inspections continue as normal.
State schools will not have classes this holiday during the morning, afternoon and evening periods, as will Full-Time State Schools (EETI) and Full-Time State Centers (CETI).
- Peoples of the Amazon, Public Library and Provincial Palace
The Amazon Peoples Cultural Center and the Amazonas Public Library will be closed to visitors. The Provincial Palace, where the Image and Sound Museum, the Bernardo Ramos Numismatic Museum and the Pinacoteca do Amazonas are located, will be closed for maintenance.