The indication of the real offender is now available to drivers from Minas Gerais in the Digital Traffic Card (CDT) application. The new functionality allows the owner of a vehicle registered in the state to transfer the fine, completely online, if the infraction was committed by another driver. Minas Gerais is the seventh unit of the Federation to use the tool with one click, via CDT. The technology is also used by transit agencies in the Federal District, Rio Grande do Sul, Rio de Janeiro, Espírito Santo, Mato Grosso do Sul and Alagoas.
“Our intention is that, in the near future, this tool will be available in all states and municipalities in Brazil through the CDT, which increasingly offers essential services to citizens”, highlighted the national secretary of Traffic, Adrualdo Catão.
How it works
- To use the service, the owner must access the CDT and, in the application, indicate the name and CPF of whoever was driving the vehicle at the time the traffic violation was recorded.
- The deadline for identifying the real offender is 30 days, counting from the date of notification of the infraction.
- The person indicated cannot be “deceased”.
- The real driver will receive a communication and will need to confirm his responsibility for the indicated infraction.
- In this way, it will be up to the real driver – and not the vehicle owner – to bear the costs of the specific fine and the points on the National Driving License (CNH) resulting from the penalty.
- Those involved who opt for the process do not need to attend physical units of the transit agencies: everything is done online, accessing the CDT application.
- The service can only be used by individuals, and both the vehicle owner and the nominee must have a digital driver’s license, as well as an account on the gold or silver level government service portal.
To make life easier
Secretary Adrualdo Catão highlights that, currently, the CDT offers a series of services that make life easier for users, such as the Electronic Notification System, which allows the advance payment of fines with up to 40% discount and has already been adopted by everyone federal and state regulatory bodies. Among the services being implemented by Detrans, the issuance of vehicle transfer authorization by electronic means and the issuance of parking credentials for people over 60 years of age stand out.
The tool that allows you to indicate, via CDT, the real driver was developed for the National Traffic Secretariat of the Ministry of Transport by Serpro, an information technology company of the Federal Government. “The functionality is a major milestone in the country’s digital transformation and inclusion strategy. It is a modernization action carried out by the state and federal governments with a focus on making life easier for Minas Gerais citizens”, stated the president of Serpro, Alexandre Amorim.
“The functionality will allow us to simplify access to the real offender indication service for citizens who are notified of a traffic violation, in a safe way and with the convenience of resolving the demand anywhere, via the internet and cell phone. The partnership with Senatran and Serpro is aligned with the purpose of traffic management in Minas Gerais by improving the quality of services and whenever possible, using technology, eliminating the need to travel to an in-person unit to resolve demands”, added the head of Minas Gerais Transit, Lucas Vilas Boas.