The complaint against them was filed by the Public Ministry of Amazonas (MPAM) on March 8 and signed by prosecutors Armando Gurgel Maia, Clarissa Moraes Brito, Lilian Nara Pinheiro de Almeida and Marcelo de Salles Martins.
On March 22, TJAM accepted the request and the police officers became defendants in the case.
In the decision of the judge of the 2nd Court of the Jury, Lucas Couto Bezerra, last Saturday (4), the preventive detention of the defendants was revoked and, as a result, imposed measures to be complied with by them.
“In a preliminary analysis of the evidence produced in the criminal investigation of the summary phase, in comparison, solely for corroboration purposes, with the other elements contained in the Police Inquiry that supported the initiation of the Criminal Action, in strict compliance with the command contained in art. 155 , caput, of the CPP, there is sufficient evidence of materiality and criminal authorship for the fact to be submitted to Trial by the Jury Court”, stated the magistrate.
The measures imposed are:
- Prohibition of access or attendance at any place, public or private, where the victims’ relatives and witnesses heard in the inquisitorial and summary phase are present;
- Prohibition of maintaining contact, by any means, with relatives of the victims and witnesses interviewed in the inquisitorial and summary phase, and must remain at least 200 (two hundred) meters away from them;
- Prohibition of being absent from the district without prior authorization from this Court;
- Home collection at night between 6:00 pm and 6:00 am;
- Suspension of the exercise of the public function of Military Police, until further decision, which must be communicated to the General Command of the Military Police for immediate compliance with this decision, with due regard for the loss of remuneration in relation to the bonuses resulting from the effective exercise of the function;
- Suspension of the right to possession and the right to legally carry a firearm provided for in art. 6th, §1st, of Law 10,826/2003 or resulting from an administrative concession by the army or the Federal Police.
- Electronic monitoring, which must be reported to the COC for the installation of devices and forwarding of a monthly report on possible non-compliance.
According to the police, the car with the bodies was in the region of the Asa Branca branch, at kilometer 32. The state highway connects the capital Manaus to the cities of Rio Preto da Eva and Itacoatiara.
Police officers suspected of massacre in Manaus are arrested
In addition to having been shot, the victims had various signs of aggression on their bodies.