Baby dies after choking on milk at school in the interior of Rio Grande do Sul
A tragedy shook the residents of Erechim, in the north of Rio Grande do Sul, on Tuesday afternoon (7). A 6-month-old baby died after choking on milk at a private preschool in the city.
The child received first aid at the educational institution and was taken to Santa Terezinha Hospital, but did not survive. The Civil Police investigates the case.
The school where the death occurred has an agreement with the city hall, which released a statement lamenting the death. Check out the full text:
“The city of Erechim, through the Municipal Department of Education, expresses solidarity with the family and school due to the fatality that occurred on Tuesday afternoon (7), in which a child died. The child attended a private school, which the municipality has an agreement with. School staff provided first aid. Then, he sent the child to Santa Terezinha Hospital. The Municipal Department of Education emphasizes that all school employees take the First Aid Course. Unfortunately, the child died after being treated at the hospital. The reasons for what happened are being investigated, and the municipality is providing all necessary support to the family members.”