The 17th edition of the Brazilian Circus Festival, which brings together shows from national and international groups, arrives in Greater Recife on Tuesday (7). Until Sunday (12), more than 20 attractions will perform in various cultural spaces in the Metropolitan Region (Check the schedule below).
There are free and paid activities, with tickets starting at R$10, for sale online. This year, the festival, whose theme is “Over Contemporary”, brings presentations that integrate circus art with techniques from other languages, such as dance, theater, music, visual arts and humor.
The festival starts at 7pm on Tuesday (7), at Teatro Apolo, in the Recife neighborhood, with the show “Circo Los Pies”, staged by La Luna Cia de Teatro, from São Paulo. Addressing themes about inclusion and accessibility, it tells the story of the clown Asmeline, who gives life to her two “unrepairable” feet, called Pezão and Pezinho.
However, the official opening ceremony of the festival takes place on Wednesday (8), starting at 7:30 pm, at Teatro do Parque, in the Boa Vista neighborhood, in the center of Recife. In this event, there will be a concert by the Spanish Malabar Orchestra, which performs for the first time in Brazil, under the baton of Maestro Spok.
At the end of the program, on November 12th, the film “Extraordinárias” will be released, a documentary about the routine of circus women. The exhibition takes place outside the State Museum, in the Graças neighborhood, in the North Zone of Recife.
- Alto do Capitão, at 4pm: “Atrapalhaços”, with Cia. Brincantes do Circo (PE);
- Teatro Apolo, at 7pm: “Circo de Los Pies”, by La Luna Cia de Teatro (SP).
- Teatro do Parque, at 7:30 pm: Juggling Orchestra of Spain & Spok Big Band, from Pistacatro Productora de Soños (Spain), and Maestro Spok (PE).
- Sesc Ler São Lourenço da Mata, at 10am: “Circo de Los Pies”, by La Luna Cia de Teatro (SP);
- Santa Isabel Theatre, at 8pm: “Comic Intimacy: An Act of Deep Love”, by La Class Eccentrics (SP);
- Apolo Theatre, at 8pm: “Consagrada – The failure of success”, with Gabi Parigi (Argentina).
- Sesc Ler São Lourenço da Mata, at 10am: “Trait(s)”, by Cie Scom SCoM – Coline Garcia (France);
- Santa Isabel Theatre, at 8pm: “Comic Intimacy: An Act of Deep Love”, by LaClass Excentrics (SP);
- Apolo Theatre, at 8pm: “La Ceremonia – The suicide of a ydea and the decay of power”, by Cia Tomi Soko (Argentina).
- Hermilo Borba Filho Theater, at 4pm: “Trait(s)”, by Cie Scom SCoM – Coline Garcia (France);
- Teatro do Parque, at 5pm: “Picadeiro Pernambuco”, from Centro Carcará (PE);
- Teatro Apolo, at 7pm: “Live with, die with”, by A Penca (SP);
- Santa Isabel Theatre, at 8pm: “A Sunday”, by Proyecto Migra and Galpão Guevara (Argentina).
- Pernambuco State Museum (external area), from 10am: Circus Fair, premiere of the documentary “Extraordinárias”, photographic exhibition “Por Behind the Canvas” and four shows: “Palhaçassando”, by the clown Dud Grud (PE), “Marcelino em comb fine”, by La Class Excentrics (SP); “Swing do Marmelo”, with the clown Marmelo (PE) and “Experimento VI: This (Not) is a circus act” (PE);
- Hermilo Borba Filho Theater, at 5pm: “Tra Tra”, from Plataforma Clo A Penca (Uruguay);
- Santa Isabel Theatre, at 6pm: “Um Domingo”, by Proyecto Migra and Galpão Guevara (Argentina);
- Teatro Apolo, at 7pm: “I’m in control”, with Baju, the Clown (PE).