Every worker with a formal contract and public servant who received an average monthly salary of up to two minimum wages during 2022 is entitled to receive the PIS/Pasep 2024 salary bonus (base year 2022).
Who is entitled to the PIS/Pasep salary bonus?
Workers with a formal contract and public servants who received an average monthly salary of up to two minimum wages during the base year (2022) are entitled to the salary bonus. However, domestic workers and rural or urban workers, employed by individuals, are not entitled to the benefit.
The value of the bonus varies depending on the time worked with a formal contract in the respective year. For example, if the worker worked during the 12 months of 2022, he will be entitled to the full value of the benefit, which is one minimum wage. If he only worked for one month in the same year, he will receive an amount equivalent to 1/12 of the salary, and so on.
How do you know if you will receive the Salary Allowance?
To find out whether they will receive it, the worker must consult the information on the amount, date and bank of receipt via the Digital Work Card (on the website or in the app) or through the Gov.br portal from February 5, 2024.
PIS/Pasep 2024 salary bonus payment calendar
|Date of birth
|End of registration 0
|End of registration 1
|End of registration 2
|End of registration 3
|End of registration 4
|End of registration 5
|End of registration 6
|End of registration 7
|End of registration 8
|End of registration 9
How can I get more information about PIS?
Information about PIS can also be obtained through the Caixa Trabalhador Application. There you can find out about the salary bonus and unemployment insurance, check the payment schedule, check the released installments and ask questions. The application is available on the Play Store, for Android smartphones, and on the App Store, for Apple phones.
The Ministry of Labor’s Call Center, which operates at number 158, also provides information about PIS/Pasep.
Rules for being entitled to the Salary Allowance
The general rules for being entitled to the salary bonus are:
- Be registered with the PIS/PASEP program or the CNIS (date of first employment) for at least five years.
- Have worked for employers that contribute to the Social Integration Program (PIS) or to the Public Servant Assets Training Program (PASEP).
- Have received up to 2 (two) average minimum wages of monthly remuneration during the period worked.
- Have carried out paid work for at least 30 days, whether consecutive or not, in the base year considered for calculation.
- Have your data correctly informed by the employer (Legal Entity/Government) in the Annual Social Information List (RAIS) or in the eSocial for the base year considered for calculation.
The following groups are not entitled to the Salary Allowance:
- Rural workers employed by individuals.
- Urban workers employed by an individual.
- Workers employed by natural persons equivalent to legal entities.